Our Series runs from October - March each year, with a total of 8 races (Feb and March are double headers). You must run 5 of the 8 races in order to be eligible for Series Awards (saddles, buckles, and more!!).
You do not need to be a member to compete in the Series. But we hope you will become a member so you can also win Club Awards!
Cost to compete in the series is $35 per season (Open, Senior, Youth) and $10 for Pee Wee. Please fill out a form and make payment at any of our races at the entry desk.
Club members: we highly encourage you to nominate for the Series. It's a small fee and you will be eligible for both Series and Club Awards!
We'd love for you to join our club! Please email Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
-CLUB AWARDS: Eligible to win fantastic Club Awards at the end of the season (saddles, buckles, and more!!). You can also win Series Awards if you nominate to compete in the Series.
-RIDE NIGHTS: Ability to ride Wednesday nights, 6:30-9pm, at Canby Clackamas County Fairgrounds for barrel practice, Oct - March. Each Wednesday night EXCEPT the Wednesday after a race. (more info below)
-NO OFFICE FEES: Exempt from paying the $10 office fee at all CBRC races
-WORKER BEE AWARDS: Ability to receive Worker Bee Awards if you help at the races. Awards may include vests, jackets, halters, etc. Must work 5 of the 8 races to be eligible. You can win Super Worker Bee Awards if you attend 5 of our 10 meetings!
-OFFICER/COMMITTEE AWARDS: Officers and special committee members receive special awards. If you would like be an officer or special committee member, please email Paige, email@example.com for more information. You would need to attend most meetings throughout the year. We elect these positions at the end of each season in April. See list below for list of positions.
ANNUAL MEMBER FEES:
- Individual, Senior, or Youth: $95 for 1 rider, 1 horse. $30 for an additional horse (adult, youth, or senior). Plus $100 sponsorship money.
- Family: $130 (1 adult rider plus peewees or youth). Plus $100 sponsorship money per family membership. All family members are qualified for Club Awards if they each ride 5 of 8 races.
- Peewee: $47 for one Peewee rider (no adult rider). Plus $50 sponsorship money.
- The $100 sponsorship money required by the November meeting.
- Individual, Senior, or Youth: $80 for 1 rider, 1 horse. $30 for an additional horse (adult, youth, or senior). Plus $100 sponsorship money.
- Family: $120 (1 adult rider plus peewees or youth). Plus $100 sponsorship money per family membership. All family members are qualified for Club Awards if they each ride 5 of 8 races.
- Peewee: $40 for one Peewee rider (no adult rider). Plus $50 sponsorship money.
-The $100 sponsorship money is due by the November meeting. Sponsorship money goes towards year end awards. You can get a local business to sponsor the club (preferred) or you can pay for the sponsorship yourself.
-Please download Membership Form and Club Rules below for more info!
-CBRC meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7-8pm, April - July.
-Meetings are not required, but we highly encourage you to attend to give input to club, learn how things are run, and hang out with your fellow club members!
-Mark your calendars: 2017-18 Meetings: 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, 12/19, 1/16, 2/20, 3/20, 4/17
-Meetings held at Los Dos Amigos, 102 N. Ivy St., Canby (Thriftway parking lot)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIDE NIGHTS, 6:30-9PM at the Fairgrounds:
Ride nights are each Wednesday night October-March, EXCEPT there is no ride night the Wednesday AFTER a race.
Ride Nights are for active members only, you must have paid your membership before you come to a ride night, if you are wanting to join come to a meeting or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ARENA ETIQUETTE: Please make sure that you are using good arena etiquette. Take turns, don't cut others off, make one run then get off of the pattern for next rider, yell heads up if you are going to make a run. If you have young children with you make sure they are on horses that they can control. If you are making ruts around the barrels kick the dirt around for others, and do NOT hog the barrel pattern, please take turns.
Please clean up after your horses. Thank you!
1. To qualify for Club Awards, Club members need to work at 5 out of 8 seasonal races helping with time-only's, gate, barrels, setup, clean up, office, or tear down. Youth can help with set up, tear down, stand outside arena fence for 2nd or 3rd barrel, but cannot help at gate or at 1st barrel for safety reasons. A parent can help in place of a youth, but we encourage our youth to help to learn about putting on races and giving back to their community. There is a Worker Bee sign up sheet at the entry desk to write down what you worked at the race. Please do your part to keep our races efficient and fun for all!
2. Club members need to bring in a $100 of sponsorship money by the November meeting in order to be eligible for club awards and worker bee awards. Please download and print the Sponsorship Packet below to give to your sponsor or fill out for them. You can also get brochures and sponsor packets at ride nights, races, or meetings. Email Kayla Sawyer, email@example.com, with questions and to confirm what sponsorship type is still available (barrel wraps sell fast!).
3. Be a good steward of our Club and our Sport by being positive, inclusive, friendly and help answer questions about the club and our races. Continue to carry on the longstanding local tradition of this club that's been around since 1970.
Members are not required to attend meetings, but we encourage you to come and provide input about the club and hang out with fellow club members!
Please download the following documents for more information about the club.
Club Membership Form - Please fill out and bring to a club meeting, race, or ride night with payment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Club Rules - For current and future members to review.
Jackpot Race Rules - For anyone participating in our races, members and non-members.
Sponsorship Packet - For members to give to their seasonal sponsors (due by the November Meeting each year unless a race is cancelled or rescheduled).
President- Paige Prendergast, email@example.com
Vice President- David Trachsel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer- Emily Woods, email@example.com
Secretary- Laurel Schmidgall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Points- Kayla Sawyer, email@example.com
Website/Social- Paige Prendergast, firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL COMMITTEES 2018-19
Office/Entry: Janis Dierickx, email@example.com
Sponsorship - Clarissa Strader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards Committee - Tammy Jolma, email@example.com
Awards Committee - Marci Djoseland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Secretary - Niki Davila, Barrelburner16_0@hotmail.com (paid position, not a club member)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
When are the meetings held? The 3rd Tuesday of every month. Our meetings run from July to April. Current location is Los Dos Amigos restaurant in Canby.
How many jackpot races do I need to work to receive a year end club award, and Worker Bee award? All members must work 5 of the 8 jackpots. Pee Wees are exempt.
I missed a few races, so I don't think I will be eligible for awards... Not necessarily. Figure out which races you have worked, because the double headers count as two races. So if you work both races of the double headers, it's possible you will still be eligible. Please email our the current Club Secretary (see contact info above).
Is it too late to turn in member sponsorships? Each member must bring in a $100 Sponsorship by the November race. These sponsorships help pay for awards. Youth members must still provide a sponsorship. One sponsorship is required per family membership.
Is it too late to join the club? You can join the club at anytime throughout the season and begin coming to Ride Nights on Wednesdays. However, if you do not get your sponsor money turned in by the November meeting, or if you do not run in 5 of the 8 races, you will not be qualified for Club Awards. But if you just want to join late to come to Ride Nights, that is fine.
Who do I turn my sponsorship form and money into? The current Sponsorship person (see contact info above). You can bring it to a meeting or a race. See Sponsorship Packet above for form and cost info.
I cant remember how many meetings I have attended this year, and how many jackpots I've worked... Always feel free to contact the current Club Secretary (see contact info above).
Thanks! - CBRC